viernes, 13 de noviembre de 2009

Pantheistic Creed (free translation)

The following is a translation I made (hope it's good enough, not having found any English or Spanish "official" versions) of Esmeraldo Siqueira's Pantheistic Creed. I find it breathtakingly beautiful.

Pantheistic Creed

I believe in you, Nature, you I worship.
I believe, without mystic rites or altars.
In the awesome radiance of the ocean,
Where looms the greatness of your mien.

I believe in your strenght, and fear, and rejoice,
Seeing, through slow manifestations
The nuances of singular shapes
Until the wonder of enlightened men.

I believe in your forests, in your mountains,
In the poetry of the rivers and the fountains,
In the beauty of the earth in bloom.

I believe in the dainty starry nights,
In the harborage of white dawns,
In universal symphony of life.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario